The Canteen is run by a P&C sub-committee. The daily business of the Canteen is handled by a paid Manager who is helped by friends and family of the school's student body. The kids love going to the canteen and love it even more when their parent/carer or other family members are there. Our aim is to provide the students and staff with a range of nutritious lunch and snack choices. It is also great way to teach kids the value of money. Our menu is based on the traffic light system, filled with mostly Green and some Amber Foods. If you wish to find out more about the foods that are being sold by the canteen you can go to the Healthy Kids website.
The Canteen is open from Tuesday to Friday each week.
Online Orders cut off at 9.00am for that day – Manual lunch orders will be accepted until 10.00am (a class monitor usually brings the orders).
Lunches are ready for pick up at 12.45pm (Monitors normally take orders to the classroom).
The Canteen is open between 11.00am and 11.30am for recess snacks.
The Canteen is re-opened for lunch snacks between 1.00pm and 1.30pm.
A canteen price list is located in the CPS DropBox tab on this School's website.
How to Order
New Parent Account
- Go to www.flexischools.com.au
- click REGISTER NOW, enter your email
- you will be emailed a link to an online form – follow the link
- Choose a username and password and complete the form
- add each student and their class
- top-up the account – VISA or Mastercard preferred.
Once your are registered:
- login in via the flexischools website or via the new flexischools tab on our schools app.
- place your orders one child at a time for Recess and/or Lunch.
Please note all online orders are subject to a 25c service fee.
Write the order on a PAPER BAG or envelope (include 20c for a paper bag), please – no plastic bags. Include the child's name, class, lunch items and price. Place money inside the bag (correct change if at all possible) and fold securely.
How can you help the Canteen run smoothly:
- Help out one morning a month (9.30am until 1.30pm). Your child loves to see you at school.
- Be on the stand-by list to replace regular helpers in case of illness.
- The Canteen Committee can always use another person. If you are concerned about what your child eats at school be part of the solution.
Help keep the prices down!
Donate an item once a term. Things like brown paper bags, aluminum foil, cling wrap, plastic forks, plastic spoons, SR Flour, brown sugar, rolled oats, Cocoa powder, snack size zip lock bags, serviettes, floor cleaner, spray & wipe, washing up detergent and dish cloths can always be used.
Every time an item is donated, two things occur:
- We do not have to pass on the cost of the item and more of the canteen funds can be put back into the school.
- The profits from the Canteen go back into the school to purchase items to improve students' education.