Harassment of Students
ACT public schools and colleges promote and seek to provide a supportive learning environment in which all students can expect to feel safe.
The Directorate provides specific policies on:
Countering Racism in ACT Public Schools
Countering Bullying, Harassment and Violence in ACT Public Schools
Countering Sexual Harassment in ACT Public Schools
Suspension, Exclusion and Transfers in ACT Public Schools.
Alleged incidents of harassment in any form against children (by other children or adults) while under the jurisdiction of the school should be reported to the School Executive.
Head lice are extremely contagious but easily eradicated. Students with either eggs or live lice will be excluded from school until written evidence of treatment is produced. Please report any cases of head lice to the office.
Homework refers to any school based activities which have been assigned by teachers to be completed by all students outside of school hours. It is acknowledged as part of the education process between students, school and home and provides students with an opportunity to consolidate their learning at home.
Homework at Campbell Primary School is designed to:
- positively reinforce and consolidate skills and concepts explored in the classroom
- be relevant and achievable by the child
- provide an opportunity to assist children in the development of self discipline and time organisation
- provide an opportunity for teachers, children and parents to talk about school learning
- create an opportunity for teachers to provide effective feedback